Are there any rules about the car or driving?
- This is NOT a race, but a series of driving and non-driving challenges for which points will be awarded
- All vehicles MUST be roadworthy and legal in the UK and in France
- You will be asked to provide a receipt proving that your vehicle cost no more than £500
- We will be accompanied by a team of official Mechanics to assist in the event of breakdown or technical difficulty
- If your vehicle ‘dies terminally’ then this is your responsibility
- In the event that you are rendered ‘car-less’ during the event we will be accompanied by the ‘bus of shame’ to help with your onward journey
- Sat Navs are allowed BUT additional points will be awarded for team using traditional maps
Are there preferential hotel rates?
There are lots of hotels in Le Touquet including the Hippotel, The Grand, The Westminster and Ibis and there are lots and lots of AirBNB’s around!
Can I follow TTC20 on social media?
Yes please do! You can like our Facebook
page or follow us on Twitter
. If you Tweet about us, we’ll re-Tweet and follow you back – do use #TwinTown18. We are also on Instagram. View our social media guide
to help us spread the word.
Can I make a donation to Twin Town 20?
You can donate to Twin Town 20 and help us to raise money for
SpecialEffect even if you cannot take part in the event itself.
How much of the money I raise will go to SpecialEffect?
Sponsorship covers 100% of the event costs, which means that every penny and euro from entries, sponsorship, bucket shakes and the ‘money can’t buy’ auction
goes directly to SpecialEffect where it makes a massive difference to the lives of severely disabled young people. Find out more about SpecialEffect
What does the entry fee include?
- Eurotunnel crossings to and from France for your car and up to 4 passengers
- Entry to the Rue De Metz ‘themed’ street party, Le Touquet Civic Reception & the grand finale presentation back in the UK
- Food and beverage on six occasions throughout the weekend
What else do I pay for?
- A roadworthy car costing no more than £500
- Event insurance - from TTC20
- Any additional meals and drinks
What happens if we break down?
We will be accompanied by a team of official Mechanics to assist in the event of breakdown or technical difficulty. We would recommend that you have
European roadside assistance in your insurance policy just incase! In the event that you are rendered ‘car-less’ during the event we will be accompanied
by the ‘bus of shame’ to help with your onward journey, but recovery of the car back to the UK is your responsibility.
What is the entry fee?
The cost of entry is £995 per team of up to 4 people.
What media coverage will there be?
The event will be covered by a film crew, radio, written media and official photographers both in the UK and across the channel in France.
Who are the TTC20 sponsors?
TTC20 is supported by lots of fantastic sponsors and supporters who have given so generously that 100% of the costs of the event are covered by sponsorship,
meaning that every penny of your entry fee and all the money your team raises go to help SpecialEffect to carry out their wonderful work. You can read
more about our sponsors here.
Who is the organiser of Twin Town Challenge?
The Twin Town Challenge event is organised by Brendon Cross, with the proceeds going to SpecialEffect. Any enquiries should be made to the organisers
on 01993 220666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org